The lighthouse on the island Mavro Oros, was manufactured in 1884, by the French company of Ottoman Lighthouses, equipped with an illuminating catadioptric device of D class. Its 14m high white octagon tower has a focal length of 87m and a luminescence range of 12 nautical miles. It has been integrated in the Greek Lighthouse Network after the Balkan wars (1912 – 1913). In 1941, it was destroyed by the German soldiers but re-operated in 1945. Today, the lighthouse is unattended, designed to be automated.